DV Lottery : The entry registration period for the 2017 Diversity Visa program (DV Lottery – 2018) was between October 1, 2016 and November 3, 2016. All submission processing at this web site has finished.
DV Lottery – 2018 Program: Online Registration
DV Lottery 2018 Program: Online registration for the DV 2018 Program began on Sat. day, October 1, 2016 at 12:00 noon, Eastern Daylight Time (EDT) (GMT-4), and concluded on Tuesday, November 3, 2016 at 12:00 noon, Eastern Standard Time (EST) (GMT-4).
They will only accept Applications online via the U.S. Department of State official website at dvlottery.state.gov
Application Instructions – Diversity Visa program ( DV Lottery )
You must provide the following information to complete your entry:
1. Name – last/family name, first name, middle name moreover– exactly as on your passport.
2. Gender – male or female.
3. Birth date – day, month, year.
4. City where you were born.
5. Country where you were born – Use the name of the country currently you use for the place where
you were born.
6. Country of eligibility for the DV program – Your country of eligibility will normally be the same as your country of birth. Your country of eligibility doesn’t relate to where you live. If you were born in a country that is not eligible.
7. Entrant photograph(s) – Recent photographs (taken within the last six months) of yourself, your spouse, and all your children listed on your entry. See Submitting a Digital Photograph for com positional and technical specifications. You do not need to include a photograph for a spouse or child who is already a U.S. citizen or a Lawful Permanent Resident, but you will not be penalized if you do.
Authority will accept group photographs; you must submit a photograph for each individual. they may disqualify your entry or they refuse visa application if you took the photographs within the last six months, have manipulated in any way, or do not meet the specifications explained below. See Submitting a Digital Photograph for more information.
8. Mailing Address – In Care Of
Address Line 1
Address Line 2
Postal Code/Zip Code
9. Country where you live today.
10. Phone number (optional).
11. Email address – An email address to which you have direct access. If authority select your entry and you respond to the notification of your selection through the Entrant Status Check, you will receive follow-up email communication from the Department of State notifying you that details of your immigrant visa interview are available on Entrant Status Check. The Department of State will never send you an email telling you that they have selected you for the DV Lottery program.
12. Highest level of education you have achieved, as of today: (1) Primary school only, (2) Some high school, no diploma, (3) High school diploma, (4) Vocational school, (5) Some university courses, (6) University degree, (7) Some graduate-level courses, (8) Master’s degree, (9) Some doctorallevel courses, and (10) Doctorate.
13. Current marital status – Unmarried, married and my spouse is NOT a U.S. citizen or U.S. Lawful Permanent Resident (LPR), married and my spouse IS a U.S. citizen or U.S. LPR, divorced, widowed, or legally separated. Enter the name, date of birth, gender, city/town of birth, and country of birth of your spouse, and a photograph of your spouse meeting the same technical specifications as your photo.
Failure to list your eligible spouse will result in your disqualification as the Diversity Visa principal applicant and refusal of all visa applications in your case at the time of the visa interview. You must list your spouse even if you want to make divorce before you apply for a visa. A spouse who is already a U.S. citizen or LPR will not require or be issued a visa, though you will not be penalized if you list them on your entry form. See the Frequently Asked Questions for more information about family members.
14. Number of children – List the name, date of birth, gender, city/town of birth, and country of birth for all living unmarried children under 21 years of age, regardless of whether they are living with you or intend to accompany or follow to join you, should you immigrate to the United States.
Submit individual photographs of each of your children using the same technical specifications as your own photograph.
Be sure to include:
- all living natural children;
- all living children legally adopted by you; and,
- all living step-children who don’t get marrie and under the age of 21 on the date of your
electronic entry, even if you don’t longer legally marry to the child’s parent, and even if the child does not currently reside with you and/or will not immigrate with you.
children who get marry and children who have ages 21 or older when you submit your entry are not eligible for the DV Lottery program. However, the Child Status Protection Act protects children from “aging out” in certain circumstances. If they make your DV Lottery entry before your unmarried child turns
21, and the child turns 21 before visa issuance,In this case It may treat he/she as though he/she were under 21 for visa-processing purposes.
A child who is already a U.S. citizen or LPR is not eligible for a Diversity Visa; Finally you will not be penalized for either including or omitting such family members from your entry.
Besides Failure to list all children who are eligible will result in disqualification of the principal applicant and refusal of all visa applications in the case at the time of the visa interview.