Vietnam visa is a document permitting its bearer(s) to stay in Vietnam for a certain period of time. To travel to Vietnam, most foreign nationals are required to have a valid visa, except those included in the Vietnam-Visa Exemption List. Vietnam visas can be obtained at a local Vietnam embassy or online with visa on arrival.
Since its introduction, Vietnam visa on arrival has been preferred by a lot of travelers to Vietnam for its convenience and simplicity. Its application requires neither travel to the embassy nor sending passport away by post. Its application requires only an internet-connected device to submit application form, get visa approval letter. And then you can stay at ease, prepare all other things for your trip and get visa stamped upon arrival at airport.
Here are four steps to obtain a visa on arrival for Vietnam introduced to you – future travelers to Vietnam by Vietnam-visa.com:
Step 1: Fill out online application form for Vietnam visa approval letter
In this step, you need to access to booking.vietnam-visa and:
- Select Numberof applicants in your group.
- Select Type of visa you want to apply for. It can be 1-month single entry visa (valid for 1 month and 1 entry to Vietnam only), 1-month multiple entry visa (valid for 1 month and multiple entries to Vietnam during that 1 month), 3-month single entry visa (valid for 3 months and 1 entry during those 3 months) or 3-month multiple entry visa (valid for 3 months and multiple entries during those 3 months).
- Select Purpose of visit. It can be Vacation, Business, Friend/Family Visit or others.
- Select Visiting time, consisting of your planned arrival date and exit date. They are not required to be exact dates.
- Select Arrival Airport. It is the airport of your entry to Vietnam. It can be NoiBai in Hanoi, Tan Son Nhat in Ho Chi Minh City or Da Nang in Da Nang City.
- Provide contact information including name, email, and phone number so that Vietnam-visa.com can contact you and send you confirmation emails as well as visa approval letter upon its completion.
- Provide applicant’s information including full name, nationality, date of birth, gender, passport number and passport expiry date. It should match information shown on passport.
Step 2: Confirm and pay for service fee
Youneed to verify all the information entered is correct before proceeding to the next step. Make the payment of service fee via online portals (Western Union, Paypal or OnePay).A confirmation email with application reference code will be sent to the registered contact email.
In this step, you also can select extra services including fast-track service (assisting you to get visa stamped quickly on your behalf) and airport transfer service (pick you up at the airport and escort you to your desired destination). Just ignore them if you don’t want.
Step 3: Get approval letter within 2 working days
After getting your visa application, Vietnam-visa.com will work with the Vietnam Immigration Department to process visa approval letter for you and send it to your email within 2 working days (normal service) or 1 working day (urgent) together with Vietnamese visa application form (also known as entry and exit form) and detailed instruction to get full visa stamped at your entry point in Vietnam airport.
Step 4: Get visa stamped upon arrival at Vietnam airport
After landing at Vietnam airport, you need to head to the Vietnam Immigration checkpoint, present your visa approval letter, original passport, Vietnamese visa application form and stamping fee to get visa stamped onto your passport. This process will take you about 15 to 20 minutes depending on number of travelers staying there for the same purpose as yours.
How much a Vietnam visa on arrival costs?
When using Vietnam-visa on arrival, you need to pay two kinds of fees: Service fee and Stamping fee:Service fee means the fee you need to pay to Vietnam-visa.com for processing visa application and returning Vietnam Visa Approval Letter to your email; while the latter is the fee to be paid by cash directly to Immigration Officer at NoiBai, Tan Son Nhat or Da Nang International Airport to get visa stamped on their passports. For more details about visa fee for each type of visa on arrival applied to those living in Singapore, please have a look at: http://www.vietnam-visa.com/vietnam-visa-fees/.