Getting a Russian Visa
A Russian visa to the Russian Federation is a document, permitting stay in Russia for a specific period of time. To travel to Russia, most foreign nationals are required to have an Entry Visa to Russia. Russian visas can be obtained at local Russian Embassy or Consulate. To have a visa issued, an official invitation processed by Russian governmental or officially authorized companies is required. More on visa requirements for Russia .
Find out what type of Russian Visa you need to apply for.
There are many types of Visas and knowing which one you need is essential:
- Tourist Visa – valid up to 30 days and allows a maximum of two entries.
- Special Purpose Tourist Visa – valid up to 30 days and allows a maximum of two entries. This Visa also allows you to attend events in Russia.
- Business Visa – valid for 90 days and allows a maximum of two entries. This Visa allows you to conduct business meetings in Russia.
- Multiple Entry Business Visa – valid for 365 days and has no limit on the number of entries.
- Transit visa – can be valid up to 30 days and allows a maximum of two entries. This Visa allows you to stay in Russia for transit purposes only.
- Private Visa – valid up to 90 days and allows a maximum of two entries. This Visa is intended for private purposes.
- Humanitarian Visa – can valid for up to 365 days and can have no limit on the number of entries. This type of Visa is intended for cultural, sports and charity purposes.
- Student Visa – valid for up to several years it is intended for students.
- Work Visa – valid for up to several years this Visa is intended for people, who are constantly employed in Russia.
Major documents to be submitted for a Russian Visa
Once you have your invitation (Russian visa support), you need to prepare the following documents to apply for your Russian visa:
– original passport,
– a recent passport-size photograph NOT OLDER THAN 6 MONTHS.
-Russian Visa Application Form
Fill it out online and print it out from Russian Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MID) website visa.kdmid.ru – only after you have obtained your visa support documents (tourist or business), which contain the information you’ll need to provide in the visa application form. Learn more about Russian visa application form here.
How to complete the online Visa Application
Now, most of the Russian consulates accept visa applications completed online on Web site of the Russian Foreign Ministry.
Go to the above web-site and create your password. You will be provided an ID for your visa application so that you could come back and edit your visa application as many times as you want. Your visa application will be stored in the web-site for 2 weeks after created and will not be processed untill your submit hard copy to the Russian Consulate or a Visa Center.
Enter your personal data and your passport data.
Enter data of your travel to Russia.
Consular Fees: You will need to pay the consular fee, which depends on the type of visa, the country where you apply, and your citizenship.
Single-Entry, processing time 6 – 8 business days:
France: 54 EUR
Single-Entry, same-day processing:
Multiple-Entry, processing time 6 business days:
Multiple-Entry, same-day processing:
Russian tourist visa applications are accepted only within 90 days of the proposed entry date to Russia. Please apply only within 90 days of the date of travel.